Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The past few months

Wow...I am TERRIBLE at updating this thing. It is not like I have been busy or anything ;) The end of the semester is approaching in the next month, semester 2 of graduate school is almost over, and cheerleading is starting up again!! Phew! Next week I will be on spring break FINALLY!! I do not know who decided to make it this late this year but seriously this is crazy. My kids and I are mentally done and we still have 6 weeks after spring break before summer. Luckily it is broken down into tolerable segments. After spring break we have 2 weeks until PASS testing. Then after that we have 2 weeks until exams and then my first year of teaching will be complete. Crazy how I am finally doing what I have always wanted to do. This first year has certainly had its ups and downs (WAYYYYYY more ups than downs though). I absolutely LOVE the women I teach with on 6th grade hall and I absolutely love teaching middle school. For the longest time I only wanted to teach 3rd or 4th grade and when I had 5th grade as my placement for student teaching, I was very upset. I didnt want to teach 5th grade because they were "too old" for me. The 5th grade class I was in, was actually at the middle school because they needed more numbers to have an assistant principal. I fell in love with the middle school atmosphere. My kids I teach this year are so much fun!! They have amazing personalities and I have really enjoyed being able to watch them grow over the course of the year. I will truly miss them next year. Last year I coached cheerleading at my old high school. I have always wanted to coach cheerleading ever since I was a cheerleader in high school. This week we are having tryouts and I am very exciting about getting a new group of girls to work with and coach. I am proud to say that I have survived the second semester of grad school. There were times this semester that I honestly didnt think I was going to make it because of the intensity of one of my classes. Luckily I met a woman who works at Chapin High School that is in my classes. We have been able to work a lot together this semester and we will be in classes together for the remainder of our program. That is a MAJOR plus!! My main drive is that May 2012 this will ALL be over with! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment