Wednesday, July 17, 2013


At this moment I am on a train to Brussels so I figured it would be the perfect time to write about the past few days. We left Monday at 11:15am from Charlotte to begin our journey. This meant that we left my parents house around 6am so we would miss most of the Charlotte 8am traffic. We were only stopped in traffic for about 5 minutes. When we got to the airport, the people couldn't print off my boarding pass for some unknown reason. Of course I naturally started to stress thus causing me to sweat. TMI I know but oh well ha. After talking to the special services, they were able to print the boarding pass. Airport security took 2.5 seconds. Normally I am the one they pull off to the side to do a detailed searched, never fails. However this time it happened to Kaitlin. The flight from Charlotte to Atlanta was very short. We sat in Atlanta for a couple hours before boarding our 8 1/2 hour flight to Amsterdam. This flight included 2 screaming babies that sat within a 10 foot radius of us. I get the babies do not understand what is going on with the pressure changes and stuff but still. One baby fell asleep for the duration of the trip the other baby on the other hand did not. The flight wasn't full so Kaitlin and I were able to have our own row granted it consisted of 2 seats but I'm not complaining. Day 1 in Amsterdam was nice. The weather was mid 70s and sunshine. We walked almost everywhere. We did take the metro to some places. The Anne Frank house was probably my favorite thing we saw. We couldn't take pictures while we were in the house. The people here are really friendly and very helpful. 
Us before going through airport security. 

Bored in the airport

The train station in Amsterdam. 

My gigantic pancake that was oh so delicious!! 

Side note: when I get home I will go into a little more detail. I am writing this post from my phone so my thumbs get a little tired of typing after awhile. 

Next stop Brussels!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment