Monday, May 31, 2010

Change



"Change. We don't like it, we fear it, but we can't stop it from coming. We either adapt to change or we get left behind. And it hurts to grow; anybody who tells you it doesn't is lying. But heres the truth: The more things change, the more they stay the same. And sometimes, oh sometimes, change is good. Sometimes, change is everything."


This quote pretty much describes the last four months. I began student teaching in February and that was a huge change within itself. I had to adjust to being at the middle school every day and not have the "college life" so to speak. I was used to being at Erskine all day every day with classes and such and then all of a sudden that stopped. But I eventually adjusted. Then May 15th I graduated and yet again that was a huge change for me. It is still weird to think that 4 years of college has come and gone. So now I enter the "real world" and for once in my life I do not already have a set in stone plan. When I graduated high school my next step was attend college. Now that I have graduated college, I plan on getting a teaching job but right now with the economy...jobs are not readily available. Plus I do want to go to graduate school to start earning my masters but my application is not due until July so I will have to wait to find out if I get in. So right now I patiently wait and see what the Lord has instore for me!!




As a side note: I am in Tennessee this week on vacation with my dad's side of the family!! My aunt and her husband rent a huge cabin for the week and the WHOLE family comes up and stays!!! I am so excited for this week! Everyone started arriving today. I will try to get better at updating my blog so my goal is to try and update each day of vacation :)

No comments:

Post a Comment