Monday, September 20, 2010

A picture is worth MORE than a 1000 words...

‎"Most of our life is a series of images, they pass us by like towns on the highway. But sometimes a moment stuns us as it happens, and we know that this instant is more than a fleeting image. We know that this moment, every part of it, will live on forever."

Tonight I was looking through an old photo album my dad put together for me of pictures when I was little. Ironically enough, a lot of them involved Granny. As I was looking through these pictures I really see how special and close our relationship was. Below are some pictures :) (sorry that the pictures are very tiny. Ill try to do some resizing later)



I was always Granny's little helper. Anytime we would go visit her, I would help her cook or clean the dishes. I loved being wherever she was. Granny was my safety net. I knew that no matter what when I was with her, I was 100% safe.


Granny always helped me figure out how my toys worked. I knew she would always be there to help me learn.


Back to the safety net, I always felt safest in her arms. She had this warm presence about her. She would hold me in her arms and all my worries would just fade away.


We bonded most on that swing. She and I would go outside into her backyard and swing and talk. A lot of times I would tell her stories that I made up off the top of my head about the most random things. I was never able to tell the same story twice. Haha. But she would always listen and every now and then ask me questions about my crazy stories. I loved when she would tell me stories about daddy and his brothers (George and David) and sister (Alice).


Granny and I always loved being silly. One day she had some new wigs come in and we decided it would be fun to try them on! :) I believe this was one of my most favorite days with her! Everytime I see a wig, I think about this picture and that day.


Granny even played with me and my new toys I got for Christmas. How cool is that?!?!


Even in the family photo she is always by my side watching over me. She was and always will be my Guardian Angel.


Granny hands down made the BEST chocolate cake!! Whenever we would go visit her, she made all kinds of goodies. She had a caramel cake for my dad because that was his favorite. She made a chocolate cake, carrot cake, homemade chex mix, she always had a jar of antique candy, circus peanuts and cookies. I think that is where my "fat kid camp" syndrome came from ;) I think tomorrow I am going to look for more pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment