Monday, January 30, 2012

1 week down 16 more weeks to go...

So week one of half marathon training ended Saturday and a new week began on Sunday. Let's just say that I am struggling a bit. I have been on that loves running however, I do like how I feel afterwards. Last week I ran about 3 miles on a very hilly course. Needless to say that was a big mistake, at least for right now. At one point I thought I was never going to make it back to my house and if I was struggling with 3 miles how in the world was I going to be able to do 13.1 miles and live to tell about it?!?! Well in the midst of my little pity party, ha, I was reminded that I do have to start somewhere. I cannot just expect to be able to up and run 13.1 miles easily right off the bat. Rome was not built in a day. I think this whole training process might take a toll on me more emotionally than physically because I like to feel as though I have accomplished something after each run. So I pray that I learn to become more disciplined and develop more patience during this whole training processes. Wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment