Thursday, December 29, 2011

Watch our Paula...

Since I have had so much down time during break I have worked on my cooking and baking skills. I had no idea what to get my dad for Christmas other than a funny t-shirt that said: "I came, I mowed, I kicked grass" because even though I live on my own, he still comes to mow my lawn! I sure do love my daddy!!! After thinking for awhile, I decided to make him a homemade caramel cake using my grandmother's (his mother) caramel icing recipe. Not to toot my own horn, toot toot, but it was pretty delicious and daddy loved it. :) To make the cake I just used a box cake recipe but for the icing all you need is powdered sugar, light brown sugar, whipping cream, vanilla extract, and butter. Below is the masterpiece:


The beginning stages of the icing


The final stage of the icing


My final masterpiece after daddy ate a slice!! He loved it!!

My other thing I made was a pound cake! Usually I struggle with making the pound cake stay moist by Oh buddy it was real good!! All you need is butter, sugar, flour, almond extract, cream cheese, baking powder, and eggs. Here is the final product:

No comments:

Post a Comment